Difference between revisions of "BalCCon2k14 Call For Papers"
|Line 74:||Line 74:|
'''<h2>How to Submit?</h2>'''
'''<h2>How to Submit?</h2>'''
Please follow the instructions below. If you have any questions regarding your submission, feel free to contact us at cfp at balccon.org.
Please follow the instructions below. If you have any questions regarding your submission, feel free to contact us at cfpatbalccon.org.
Revision as of 18:16, 22 June 2014
- 1 Call for Papers for 2nd Balkan Computer Congress – BalCCon2k14
- 2 05|06|07 September 2014, Novi Sad, Vojvodina, Serbia, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
- 3 The Event:
- 4 The Location:
- 5 Our Goal:
- 6 Submission Guidelines
- 7 Language of the Presentation:
- 8 Travel Expenses:
- 9 How to Submit?
- 10 Other Needs & Requirements:
- 11 Dates and Deadlines:
Call for Papers for 2nd Balkan Computer Congress – BalCCon2k14
05|06|07 September 2014, Novi Sad, Vojvodina, Serbia, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
Balkan Computer Congress has been conceptualized as a three days gathering of the international hacker community in the organization of LUGoNS – Linux Users Group of Novi Sad and Wau Holland foundation from Hamburg and Berlin. The first part of the program has been envisaged to be a set of presentations, workshops and lectures on the current topics regarding privacy, technology, software development, free software & socio-political issues. Hands-on projects and hacking have been planned for the second part of the program. We admire and tend to find a role model in the large scale conferences such as Chaos Communication Congress, organized by the Chaos Computer Club (CCC).
Novi Sad is the centre of Vojvodina, northern province of Serbia, famous for its multicultural history and active artistic and technological scene (e.g. music festival Exit and digital-media event Share). With a prestige night life combined with the warm and welcoming character, Novi Sad offers inexpensive prices for lodging and dining, compared to the neighbouring EU. If you’re in Novi Sad, or somewhere in the neighbourhood, during these dates, this is the place you want to be!
Our goal is to gather all the communities from the region, continent and the World in an effort to hack, play, learn, pass knowledge and exchange experience. BalCCon aims to become the central hacker community in South East Balkan, as well as to provide the opportunity for all the people in this part of Europe to connect and to cooperate.
Having said that, we would like to invite you to make and send us proposals for talks, lectures and workshops on all topics of relevance. As a suggestion, we would love to see things about:
- Free Software
- Electronics & Microcontrollers – things like Arduino’s, ARM, RaspberryPi, etc
- Hardware / Embedded Reverse Engineering
- Mobile Communications (LTE/3G/GPRS/HSDPA etc)
- RFiD, Bluetooth and NFC
- Network Security
- Software Security
- Programming Languages
- Hardware security & lockpicking
- Next Generation Application Development
- Cryptography, Cryptanalysis and Crypto-politics
- Social Engineering
- Robotics – humanoid, football playing, autonomous vehicles, (armed) drones
- Forensics and Anti-Forensics
- Clouds – hacking, breaking, unexpected usage
- Future or No Future of IT Security – state of fail, new concepts and methods, implications for society and infrastructure
- Net and Device Neutrality – ownership, censorship, circumvention and the politics of de-facto standards, search engine politics
- Revolutions and Hacktivism
- Transparency and Participation in Politics and Governance
- Copyright and Patents – the war on file-sharing, alternatives to the current system
For Talks, Lectures and Workshops:
Please submit a meaningful and complete description which will give us an insight on the key points of your presentation. We prefere quality over quantity, which will be evaluated based on the proposal you send us. Also, have in mind that other people might submit a talk on the same topic, so give us a reason to consider your presentation unique. Feel free to include some facts about yourself and the things that motivate you. It is not necessary for your talk to be the first of its kind, it may have been presented at other conferences, however please make sure that its content is up to date.
We will also consider new and first time presenters, so that anyone can get his/her foot in the door. Don’t be shy, just say “It’s one of my first conf submission”, and we’ll be kind.
Lectures should not exceed 45 minutes, plus up to 15 minutes for Q&A. Longer time slots are possible if we feel the topic demands it (please tell us if necessary). Please indicate the length of your presentation clearly on your submission.
Language of the Presentation:
BalCCon is an international congress, therefore your submissions should be in English. It is expected that we will have participants from all over the World, so it is important to have a common language.
The Balkan Computer Congress is a non-profit oriented event and speakers are not paid. However, financial help on accommodation may be possible, within our means, for all accepted submissions. Don’t be shy and state your requirements in the application when submitting your proposal.
How to Submit?
Please follow the instructions below. If you have any questions regarding your submission, feel free to contact us at cfp(at)balccon.org.
- By Email:
- Email your submission to: cfp at balccon.org.
- Email subject should be: CFP BalCCon2k14 – Paper Title
- Email Body:
- Personal Information:
- Speaker Name:
- Company/Organization (optional):
- Contact Number (optional):
- Speaker Profile: (max 1000 words)(optional)
- Presentation Details:
- Name/Title of the Presentation:
- Paper Abstract: (max 3000 words)
- Presentation Time Required (20, 30, 50 Minutes)
- Is there any demonstration? Yes or No
Other Needs & Requirements:
Do you need any special equipment?
- If you have any other requirements, please mention it here and the reason.
All submissions will be reviewed by our Program Committee. Authors will be notified upon acceptance of their talk.
Dates and Deadlines:
- July 1st, 2014 (23:59 UTC): Submission deadline
- July 15th, 2014: Final notification of acceptance
- September 5th – 7th, 2014: BalCCon – Balkan Computer Congress
All submissions will be judged equally, disregarding race and gender. Organizers reserve the right to make changes to the event program or disregard any proposal if found inappropriate for this congress.