Balkan Computer Congress
Balkan Computer Congress is concieved as a gathering of the international hacker community in organization of LUGoNS – Linux Users Group of Novi Sad, in hope of becomming a traditional annual event. The program consits of numerous presentations, workshops and lectures about information, privacy, technology, programming, free software even considering socio-political issues. One part of the congress will be dedicated to hacking, project and hacks. Live streaming of the congress will be available (the web address will be announced later).
Our major goal is to gather all the communities from the region and abroad so we can socialize, hack, play, learn, exchange knowledge and experience and ofcourse, party together.
BalCCon aims to become the center of the hacker community in the region as well as to provide opportunity for all the people in this part of Europe to connect and to cooperate. Last year we (LUGoNS) attend the CCC congress in Hamburg, and we considered the BalCCon idea with a lot of people and organizations there, and we get a very strong support for the idea. The opportunity of expanding the community was pointed out, along with a shared of the newly acquired knowledge and exchange of experience.
Program and speakers will be taken through “call for papers” few months before the congress. We have planned some special guests whose reputation is well known in the community. All the applications and lectures will be stored in the database with the possibility of grading.
Why will the congress be held in Novi Sad?
LUGoNS is one of the oldest hacker communities in Serbia and we have existed successfully for more then a decade and have spread our knowledge and international experience.
The city of Novi Sad is suitable for hosting international event of this kind, because of its great geographical location, infrastructure, tourism support and mandatory technical support.
- Call for Papers for 1st Balkan Computer Congress - BalCCon 05|06|07 September 2014, Novi Sad, Vojvodina, Serbia, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
- Dates and Deadlines
- July 1st, 2014 (23:59 UTC): Submission deadline
- July 15th, 2014: Final notification of acceptance
- September 5th – 7th, 2014: BalCCon Computer Congress
- Schedule of the official conference program
- Recordings/Streaming – watch or download talks and maybe workshops.
- Tickets – pricing and information on ticket sales
- Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ